Then I received a short email from Jeanine. In it, she stated, "Make a choice for a good day!"
I determined to do just that, and as you can see ... it turned out quite well!! Here are a few of my favorite moments, kids, and loved ones in the world.
So, although I was homesick for what was, I also became aware of the tremendous blessings that I have here and now, close to me. There's nothing better than piling into one house, all of us together, kids swarming about, everyone laughing, feasting, and just being together.
More than that, I decided that it was not such a bad thing to be missing what was. Many people never experience the joy and love and togetherness of a family like I had growing up. Is it not better to have had it at one time, even though it is now gone?
I think so.
And so, this Thanksgiving, I am thankful for what was ... and what is. How God has enriched my life with close family, extended family, and the love that permeates my heart each time we are priveledged to once again be together!
I hope all y'all had a wonderful time of thanks with your loved ones, whether in years past, or yesterday.
~Brenda
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.
From Alfred Lord Tennyson's poem In Memoriam:27, 1850:
1 comment:
looks like a really fun day. You have a sweet family.
Post a Comment