Ever hear of such a thing?
Me either, until now.
In a nutshell, church members dressed up and decorated the trunks of their cars with a fun theme/game. We passed out flyers the week before, letting the neighborhood around us know of the activity. Kids came with their parents, dressed up of course, and "Trunk or Treated." If they did well in whatever game was being played, they got even more candy.
Cute idea, huh?
Anyway, we had a good turnout, and were able to gain some exposure, and meet new people.
I hadn't dressed up for Halloween since I was about seven years old!! It felt a little weird at first, and I felt like a bit of a weenie.
A Halloweenie.
But then I just let the kid in me take over (it wasn't much of a struggle). And I had a blast!!!
Someday, my grandkids are going to look at these and wonder if Grandma lost her mind long ago. But like I said ... it was a blast, so who cares! :)
Any guesses as to who I was before we start?
Any guesses at all??
Yep!! Minnie Mouse!!! So hang on to yer Prairie Bonnets ... we're goin' to Disneyland!!!!
Any guesses as to WHO Ashlee was?
Why yes!! She WAS a WHO!!
Me and my Pastor's wife, the running back!!
A friend from church in a cat and mouse chase!
And a few more random pics ...
I couldn't resist showing you this pic of a family in our church. They're totally incredible!!!! :)
I guess this is the "Who has bigger eyeballs" contest...
This is not a two headed figure. This is Ashlee the WHO, and Jessie the police officer! Now THAT is scary!!
Unfortunately, the night didn't end well for the WHO ...
... or the Police Officer. And Minnie is apparently a law enforcing citizen.
Not to be messed with!
Just so ya' know ...
And that, my Lovely Lurkers, is the end of all the Halloweenies!!
~Brenda, aka Minnie
4 comments:
I have heard of trunk or treat...via another blog.
Looks like you guys had a great time and you make a great Mimi Mouse (that's what my 1.5 year old calls her)!
You are a brave woman!!!! I just passed on a blog award to you pop by my blog to check it out. you totally put a smile on my face Brenda I mean Minnie.
Hi Brenda! Love the Halloween pics. Can you believe that snow we got? And now it's gone. We've missed you in BlogFrog land lately. Everything okay? Did we do something to upset you? We all hang out in the BlogStar community now, have you got access to that? Talk soon, Rustin
You guys are so cute!! I LOVE trunk or treat! My church does it too!! I agree with Rustin! Come back please!!!
Post a Comment