Wednesday, July 7, 2010

simple woman's daybook

Please hop on over to The Simple Woman's Daybook site if you'd like to participate. C'mon! It's fun!

Outside My Window... It doesn't seem like Summer today with a high of 68, clouds, wind, and rain. But it's a nice break from the hot weather. I'll always like hot weather best, but I like variety too. :)


I Am Wearing... Blue shorts with a white t-shirt. Ok, I lied. Pink fuzzy robe. Again.


I Am Thinking About... Learning how to let God be God, and believing His promises over what my feelings might tell me.


I Am Thankful For... People with a lot of wisdom who are willing to share it.



I Am Praying For... My kids.


Pondering These Words... Though he slay me, yet I will hope in him; ... Indeed, this will turn out for my deliverance. ~Job 13:15-16


I Am Noticing... Life is short, and I wish we could all know at the beginning what we will know at the end.


I Am Reading... The Disciplines of Grace, by Jerry Bridges, and A Lifetime of Wisdom, Emabracing the Way God Heals You, by Joni Eareckson Tada


From The Kitchen... I'm making a boat load of storage food today for Shaun's lunches. He says Chef Boyardee is no chef at all. I am taking pity on him and freezing batches of stews and chile, etc.


I Am Creating... A quilt (all I need to do is put the binding on), and an embroidery project. It's technically a bread cloth, but I'm thinking I might use it to set a vase of flowers on.


I Am Going... No further than my front door today. Yay!


I Am Hoping... For Peace.


I Am Hearing... Nothing but the hum of the AC, and a few birds chiriping in the background.


Around The House... Laundry!



One Of My Favorite Things... Giving Gifts. I believe in Christmas in July!


A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... It'll be a quiet week, except for Friday when we go see a Rockies game. Wooohooooo!!! I can't wait! Shhhh! Don't tell Andrew. It's for his birthday. He's turning 14 next Monday. Anybody see that amazing comeback last night? Nine points scored in the ninth inning! Rockies won it 12-9! Ahem ... Dear Rockies, please play like that Friday night. Oh, and please hit lots of fly balls just to right field, bottom deck, where we'll be sitting. Andrew's bringing his glove, and it's his birthday and all. So please just gently pop a ball in our direction. Thanks.


Here Is A Picture Thought I'm Sharing... This is Gracelyn, a picture from the shoot I did with my nieces. I love the look of sheer joy on her face. I'm not sure what she was so thrilled about, but it makes me smile in return everytime I look at it. I hope it made you smile too. :)


1 comment:

Duane Scott said...

I'm so glad you are thankful for me. Just kidding. I have no wisdom. But I do like to share whatever rattles in my head with you. :)