I wrote this to be sung to the tune of These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things. I think it'll give you a glimpse of what's been going on around these Prairie hills. ;)
Ahem! *clears throat*
Nose rings in noses, and more rings in navels,
Lil' barking doggies, and making you hoagies,
Baseball and sunshine, coming up this spring,
These are a few of my "favorite" things.
Math, Science, English, and Spelling and Vocab,
More Math, more Reading, more History, more Cursive,
I homeschool you, and I make all the rules.
How 'bout a snack and a nice little snooze?
Bridesmaid's and groomsmen, and flower girls, and candles,
Cakes vs. cupcakes, invitations where are you!?
You're getting married, he's yours and you're his,
You sure you can say without doubt that you do?
When the math's wrong, when decisions haunt,
When I'm feeling gaunt,
I simply remember it's not all 'bout me,
And then I don't feel so bad!
Changed hearts, new focus, with Christ at the center,
Friendships, and courtships, and challenging relationships,
All work together for our own good,
Yes these are a few of my favorite things!
Editing, and power points, and emails, and travel plans,
Vacuums, and dishsoap, and working with my hands,
Monday thru Friday, and sometimes weekends,
These fill my schedule, boy ain't it so grand?
Dinner with loved ones, and dinner with good friends,
Dinner 'round the table, devotions, then prayer time,
All make this poem indeed oh so grand,
Yes, these make my journey much sweeter than pie.
When life seems void, challenging with fright,
When I'm feeling sad,
I simply remember it's all about Christ,
And then I don't feel so bad!
Everything mentioned in this poem/song has been part of my life this week, in one way or another.
Except the pie.
~Brenda
No comments:
Post a Comment