In the meantime, it'll be scarce posting around here (unless
I got word that my Grandma died yesterday, the 23rd, and I'm heading out today to go be with family - and attend the funeral of course. This means that I am officially "Grandparentless."
And I feel sad. Really sad.
Not for Grandma, because she is up there in Heaven with Jesus and her suffering has finally ended. But for me ... I'm sad, darn it!
The only thing that makes a death like this remotely bearable is that fact that I will see Grandma again.
God has called her name ... ♫and she did rise ... no more sorrow, no more pain.♫
Now I'm just waiting for my turn (said like a foot stompin' two year old).
So wait up, Grandma!! I'm coming too! Until then, remind Grandpa I love him and tell him I can't wait to sit on the couch and hold hands again. I love you both, and can't wait to see the both of you together again.
As it should be...
~Brenda
Click here to read a tribute of sorts that I wrote a couple years ago about my Grandparents. You'll have to scroll down to "Christmas Traditions" to see the post.
No comments:
Post a Comment