Saturday, April 4, 2009

Prairie Pebble #4

Howdy Lovely Lurkers!

I hope you are doing well! It has been snowing here this last week, in spite of the fact that the calendar tells me it is Spring.

Where does one file a complaint about that anyway?

Eh hem ... On to the fourth Prairie Pebble, aka a little tidbit about myself that I share with you so that you can get to know me better. And so that I can be more transparent. Cuz my husband tells me I need to.

So Prairie Pebble #4:

I am an author.

Seriously. Published and all! It's not like I wrote a book or nothin' though, so don't get too excited. You'll be the first to know when and if that ever happens.

However, I am published, and I thought you might like to know where. I've submitted my work three times, two of which I was accepted. Both accepted submissions were for compilation books. You know, like Chicken Soup for the Soul? Yeah ... those type of books.

I really love compilation books because you can read a little, then put it down without it being too painful. Whereas with a novel, I have a hard time remembering that I am in fact a mother and wife, and would really prefer my responsibilities to end while I indulge myself.

Anyone else like that??

I thought so.

So here are the books where my work can be found:




This is a devotional for married couples. I have one devotional in it, and my bio is in the back of the book. I see this book all the time in Christian bookstores, and you can order it off of Amazon also.

Just in case you're curious.

And here's the other book:





Isn't that a precious cover?

This book is a compilation of stories that inspire childlike faith. I wrote about my son, Andrew, and his childlike faith while I was neck deep in an undiagnosed illness. Wayne Holmes, the compiler, is a very gracious and patient man.

You'd sorta have to be to work with me.

He just started a blog, which you can find here.

And fyi ... this book is also found in Christian bookstores, and Amazon.

So tell me honestly. How many of my Lovely Lurkers are published authors?

Hmmmm??

Just so ya' know ... I visit every Lurker that leaves a comment. And I must say that some of you are very talented writers.

So 'fess up, will ya?

Toot your own horn!!


~Brenda, the horn tootin' little housewife on the prairie

No comments: