Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Question and Answer Time

This was stolen from Melanie, whom I don't know, but am following her blog. You can follow it too at itsmelanie.blogspot.com. These are my answers, of course.

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?

Absolutely nothing. (Bows head in shame)

2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't make New Year's resolutions. (Head still bowed in shame)

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Oh yes! I had a nephew born on my birthday, a niece born on Shaun's sister's birthday, a great neice, and....I think that's all. Please don't be mad at me if I forgot someone!

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Shaun's uncle Ted died, and Shaun's cousin (see tribute to the right) died a couple of weeks ago.

5. What countries did you visit?
The U.S.A.! ;-)

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Better health and more attitudes that resemble Jesus Christ.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory?
November 4th.


8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Sticking with my life, even though it's hard.

9. What was your biggest failure?
How assuming! Just kidding.....I'm going to say not spending enough quality time with family.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
My biggest injury was going to the dentist. LOL. Really not very funny!!! :-(

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Fabric, of course.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Ashlee, who works very hard at her job and doing things for others. Jessie, for getting her GED and doing so with a score that is in the top ten percentile. Andrew, for having a receptive, soft heart towards spiritual matters. And Shaun, for being a great provider for our family.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Barack Obama.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills, gas, and food for three teenagers.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The prospect of getting Sarah Palin into the White House.

16. What song/album will always remind you of 2008?
That's a hard one. I guess I don't have an answer. I'll edit if I think of something.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: happier/sadder,thinner/heavier,richer/poorer?
I think I'm happier, thinner (ugh!), and about the same financially.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Prayer.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Wasted time.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Going to Shaun's parents house, baking, and talking around the fire. And playing games of course!

21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
My girls.

22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Yes. I'm in love with our new bunny (sshshshsssshhhhhh!!! It's Andrew's Christmas present!)

23. How many one night stands in this last year?
I lost count. (Ask a dumb question, get a dumb answer).

24. What was your favorite TV program?
I don't really watch TV programs, but I love I Love Lucy and Cosby Show.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No, no hating.

26. What was the best book(s) you read?
Be Still My Soul, by Elisabeth Elliot

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Not sure, but I want to learn how to play the violin. Does that count??

28. What did you want and get?
Fabric. LOL.

29. What did you want and not get?
Nothing comes to mind, so I must have everything I need. ;-)

30. What were your favorite films of this year?
Definitely Fireproof. But I liked Prince Caspian too.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I don't remember what I did. And I was 36.

32. What's one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Being able to eat whatever I want.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Whatever keeps me warm!

34. What kept you sane?
Who says I'm sane?

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Sarah Palin. I think she's "the real deal", as Joe the Plumber said.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The election. I thought it was a fiasco, so it wasn't a good kind of stirring. LOL.

37. Who did you miss?
My Mom, brothers, and my Grandma.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Little Benny Foo Foo, aka the nephew born on my birthday. ;-)

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
God is in control, even when it seems your country is going down the toilet.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?
O-B-E-D-I-E-N-C-E
Obedience IS the very best way
To show that you believe.

That's the best i could come up with. Ha!

Merry Christmas, everyone!

~PrairieBren

No comments: