These are a few pics that I took along the way. The calf ones are just so sweet. So glad I happened upon them, at what must have been literally three or four minutes after the birth.
A lake we passed:
I know. The view is just horrible!!! :)
The calf, gettin' a moppin' from his mama.
She would lick him so hard he couldn't stand up. But he was pretty determined!
She didn't appreciate my presence.
There was a pic before this, but it wouldn't load. He finally got up on all fours. And then fell flat on his face. Poor baby!!
Mama looks a little disappointed. I thought he did great for the first time. ;)
I've named the calf Rupert. A fine name for such a lad, don't you think?







4 comments:
Love those pictures, especially the railroad. How cool!
Those are great pictures. Our neighbor has cows and one morning we noticed one had just calved. The kids went over and told the farmer and he let the kids name it, I think Rupert is a great name!!
Loved your commentary on each photo...they were hillarious.
Anne @ http://lessonsthrulife.com
Great photos! What a precious moment captured..
Post a Comment